Thursday, April 3, 2014

"Nerding Out" Over Erin Condren

After my orientation for my cohort last week, my excitement level about teaching has taken off. I'm watching BBC documentaries about first time teachers, checking out the teacher section at Barnes and Noble, deciding how I want my classroom to be decorated, and my favorite part, dreaming about ORGANIZING. I want to be "that teacher." The one with the adorable classroom. The classroom that feels inviting. The one with a place for EVERYTHING (and a label for all of those places.) Oh god just thinking about all that stuff makes my head swim with all the possibilities. And I know my mom is just as excited to help me with my first classroom as I am to have one. I'm so lucky to have her support.

My latest organizational obsession goes by the name of Erin Condren. Really though you guys if you haven't been to her website yet, you're missing out. Being from the South, we like EVERYTHING to be monogrammed and personalized. And Ering Condren doesn't miss a beat. All of her stuff is cute and personalized just for you! She's got it all: Life Planners, clipboards, boxes, canvas bags, Apple product accessories, you name it she'll personalize it for you. Her stuff is a little on the pricey side, but from the reviews I've watched (and that's an embarrassingly high number of reviews) of her products the durability and time she takes in designing her products makes them worth the price. As a gift for beginning my student teaching, mom ordered me Erin Condren's Teacher Planner. It's too die. I placed the order today and have already checked the status of the order...I'm a little excited for it to get here. I'm going to use it as a combination agenda (since I'll still be taking classes at UGA) and organizer for my student teaching in the Fall/Spring.
The Lesson Planner style that I chose

Don't worry, I've already planned out how I am going to use everything in the planner. I'm gonna keep rosters with student's ID pictures in the page protectors so that I can learn everyone's name extra fast, I'll keep track of absences and missed work, take notes from the meetings I have to attend, keep my own assignments organized, and stay up to date about the plans for my mentor teacher's classroom. I am so excited and can't wait to upload pictures of everything when it finally arrives!!! Until then, I guess I'll just have to be content with watching YouTube videos of other people's planners (hence the "nerding out" title of this post haha)


Here's a Link to Erin Condren's website. Check it out! You won't be sorry!
Erin Condren


No comments:

Post a Comment